Best Laptop For Writers in 2018 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
When it comes to buying a laptop, the consumers prefer the one which is in high demand and from the house of reputed brand.
But considering the brand is not enough. If you are a writer and you need the laptop for writing the entire day, then there are certain things that must be taken into consideration before you proceed to buy the best laptop for writers.
The first thing that you need to do is to do a comprehensive survey to find which is the best laptop for writers on the market today, another thing that you can do to determine the top-rated laptop in the market is by reading the testimonials of the satisfied customers.
Top 5 Best Laptop For Writers List
|1. ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51|
|15.6 in||1 TB||8 GB|
|2. Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33bm||15.6 in||1 TB||4 GB||check price|
|3. Lenovo Premium Built||15.6 in||1 TB||4 GB||check price|
|4. HP High Performance 15.6 inch||15.6 in||2,128 GB||8 GB|
|5. HP 15.6" HD Touchscreen Notebook||15.6 in||256 GB||8 GB||check price|
Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop
Being a writer, when you think of purchasing a laptop, certain things must be taken into consideration first before buying the best laptop for writers. A wide variety of laptop is available in the market and price range also varies. Before you jump to buy the laptop, you should consider the following:
- Size: If you are concerned about the portability, then consider buying a notebook which has small-ish screen and light in weight. To be precise, you must look for a laptop that has a screen size between 12.5-13.3inches and weight is between 1-1.5kg.
- Screen quality: being a writer, your profession demands you to stare at the laptop screen for long hours. Thus, you need to buy a laptop that comes with a screen which is comfortable to look at. Make sure that you purchase a laptop that doesn’t come with a touchscreen as the screen of such laptop is glossy. Another thing that you need to consider is the resolution. Finally, the viewing angles are equally important. Laptop screen that has IPS technology offers widest viewing angles, and the users feel comfortable.
- Keyboard quality: writers need a laptop that has a soft keyboard as it will not pose any difficulty for typing for long sessions. The keyboard that you will choose must have a comfortable layout, the keys should be full-sized, and there must be adequate space around the arrow keys. Your selected keyboard must be backlit and will allow you to work comfortably in the dimly lit environment.
- CPU: when buying a new laptop, consider the Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7. When it comes to multitasking, this CPU offers the incredible performance.
- RAM: if you want the best out of your device, then you need 4GB RAM. More RAM allows the users to run more applications on their device as well as makes easier to access more data in a much quicker manner.
- Storage: make sure to check the storage space before you proceed to buy. Your laptop must come with adequate internal storage space that allows you to store all your data.
- Battery life: look at the milliamp hours or Watt hours while considering the battery life. The larger the figure, the longer the battery life.
Thus, if you consider the things mentioned above, you will surely end up buying the best laptop for your needs.
But when it comes to buying the best laptop for writers, you must consider the following laptops before you proceed in purchasing one. The below-mentioned laptops have been found to be incredible for the writers. Take a look at the reviews and specifications before you decide to buy:
1. ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 Business Standard Laptop
It is one of the finest and complete laptop and is greatly in demand among the users across the globe. The users must remember that it is not a gaming laptop, only some basic games can run on this laptop. This excellent laptop is a competent entry in the category of business laptop.
- This laptop is a good and robust combination of business productivity and design. It comes with an amazing battery life of 9 hours and will keep you productive throughout the day.
- Price is a major concern, but you will be happy to know that it is affordable with a proper amount of manageability and small business security. It is rightly designed for the working professionals and is super reliable.
- It comes with a fingerprint reader and TPM security for keeping the files safe. It has 7th Gen Intel Core i5 7200U dual core processor with 1TB 5400RPM HDD and 8GB RAM.
- It has been designed to be powerful, portable and durable to keep the professionals on the go with complete peace of mind.
- Every coin has two-sides: positive and negative. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this particular laptop.
Pros & Cons
2. Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33bm 15.6 inch Fhd Notebook
Are you in search of an amazing laptop for your home? If so, then your search ends as this particular model from Acer is considered to be the best option for using at home. It is widely available in the market. If you buy from online shopping portals, you can save a considerable amount as you will get some discount while making the purchase. Take a look at the product specification before buying.
- This laptop is a popular choice one, and the specifications are as follows:
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 cache).
- Hard Drive Size: 1TB 5400RPM HDD
- Memory: 4GB DDR4
- Screen Size: 15.6″ Full HD Widescreen and for ComfyView comes with LED-backlit Display.
- Battery Life: 12 hours
- The laptop comes with a backlit keyboard, and you can work in dim lit environment comfortably.
Pros & Cons
3. Lenovo Premium Built High Performance 15.6 inch HD Laptop
It has been widely known that the consumers prefer the laptop that can be carried one place to another easily, to be precise, light in weight and portable. If you are also not an exception and are looking for such a device, then this model is the ultimate option for you.
- Display: HD LED 15.6
- Memory: 4GB DDR3L 1333 MHz
- Processor: N3060 1.6GHz Intel Celeron with Intel Burst Technology capable of 2.58 GHz
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
- Optical drive: DVD RW
- Audio: Realtek HD Audio
- Hard drive size: 5400 RPM HDD 500GB
- Media drive: 4 in 1 card reader
- Ports: 2 USB 2.0 | USB 3.0 | HDMI | | LAN (10 or 100)
- Video: Intel HD Graphics
- Camera: Integrated webcam
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Wireless: (Miracast enable) 802.11b/g/n
- Battery: 3-cell, 24WHr (up to 3 hours)*
- Weight: 4.31 lbs (1.95 kg)
- Dimensions: 14.88 x 10.43 x 0.89 in (377.95 x 264.92 x 22.60 mm)
- PC type: Laptop
- Color: Black
Best Laptop Buyer’s Guide
Aside from working, playing games in your computer is most common thing, so when this comes to choosing a laptop between for personal use and for gaming – then there is nothing hard than this, right?
Laptop is a billion dollar market and there are lots of products available with different specification.
Most of them are good enough to watch movies or listen song but no one spend this much money just for multimedia. Mini laptop is replacing heavy computer device which consume too much space than normal.
Laptops are small and charging feature is really helpful. Just flip the display of laptop and turn on to start working anywhere. This feature changed the method of working and most of companies start providing laptop to their employs to alleviate the issue of bulky computer which require more maintenance.
How To Choose The Best Laptop?
Choosing a product from thousand models is really hard thing and if someone is purchasing laptop then everyone finds this thing complicated. First of all, sort out some brands because this thing will help in minimizing the list of models. One more thing which a user can do is to make a budget to shorten the list. Mini laptop price depends on mainly specification and if a model has high configuration including top resolution display then this will be too much costly. Those people who have fixed budget can get a 720p resolution product that is also a good choice.
With the existence of so many laptop models from the house of various brands, it indeed becomes difficult for the customers to choose as each brand claiming to be the best in the market. Here are some of the tips that you must follow for buying the right laptop that will serve your need.
- Consider the operating system: If you are a first-time buyer, then it is indeed not an easy task to choose the operating platform, to be precise if you are not familiar with Pcs and Macs. Most of the laptop comes with any one of the three popular operating systems: Chrome OS, Windows or Mac OS X. Choosing the operating system is a personal preference.
- Choose according to your budget: netbooks are known as the smallest and cheapest of all laptops available in the market and is usually used for business purpose. These laptops are limited and under-powered. In the recent times, these laptops are replaced by tablets. If your purpose is to do some basic tasks like word processing and web browsing, then a budget laptop is good. But if you are ready to spend some few more bucks, then the laptop that comes with better performance, a sizable hard drive, and latest generation processor can be your ultimate choice.
- Prepare a checklist: if you want to buy a laptop for entertainment purpose, then you must go for the laptop that comes with larger screen size, high resolution, and HD displays. For storing all your media, you will need a large hard drive. If you want to carry your laptop from one place to another, then portability will top the list. Look for screen sizes with 13inches or below and weight 4 pounds or less and with a battery life of 6 hours or more. For balanced performance and portability, you should look for a thin and lightweight laptop with a mid-range processor and 500GB or more hard drive space.
- Read reviews: when it comes to buying best laptop for writers, then there is no other better option than reading the reviews of the satisfied customers. Make sure to find the laptop that fits your budget. Compare the features with your checklist. If you have a particular specification, then you can go ahead to configure your laptops according to your specification- choosing the different hard drive and adjusting RAM. The reviews of the satisfied customers indeed come to a great help in making the right decision. You will eventually end up buying the best laptop that will stand up to your expectation level.
- Compare laptops: the final step involves you in making a table for comparing top few laptops. List the specifications as well as the price of each laptop for making the final choice. When you have the table near your hand, you can now make a choice and proceed to buy the laptop that will fit your budget and will meet your need and requirements.
Purchasing A Laptop For Video Editing Purpose
The biggest misconception of most of people is that a graphic card plays its role in editing and rendering the video but this isn’t. Well, most of video editing software uses cores or processor and if processor is below than i3 than this will be take too much time to edit a video. Most of the software editing companies which are trying to utilize graphic card but they aren’t getting success in this thing. You need to consider CPU as the first thing because you can’t customize a laptop after purchasing it. Now, the second misconception among people is about GHz. It seems like 4 GHz processor will do the same work better than 3 GHz CPU. Well, 3 GHz with eight cores can give much better performance than 4 GHz quad core processor. Mostly quad core processors don’t have enough offers as the eight cores which mean a user can get many mini laptop offers without wondering for many products.
Perhaps, this will be too hard to choose the right product but if you sort out everyone according to need then there will be very products. Mostly laptop are not made for high end video editing but still you can use it to instant cut and color grading purpose. As you finalize a product then check out mini laptop reviews to know more about product working or any issues. Most of the times, these product have issue with their heating while doing multitasking and playing games. Best products may have some issues but these will be fewer than other models.
Being a writer, it is important that you must buy a laptop that will serve your purpose effectively and will function smoothly. So, before you proceed to buy the laptop, you can consider the three laptops mentioned above and can get hold of the one that you find the most suitable.
To buy, you can either buy from online shopping portals or can buy from an outlet. If you decide to buy from online shopping portals, you can save some amount as they give lucrative discounts to grab the attention of the customers. So, no more delay, place the order at the earliest and get it delivered right to your doorstep.
Enjoy writing smoothly by choosing the best laptop for writers!