Buying a new laptop which can handle all your workload is really a time-consuming task especially when there are millions of options available in the market. Some of the most common doubts that we all have before buying a new laptop is should it be a touchscreen or not? There are other confusions too like should the laptop has the latest processor, or should it have the latest 16GB RAM and the list is endless. In this post, we’ll mainly give you an overview of should your next laptop be a touchscreen or not?
So without wasting any time let’s straight dive into the topic-
Touchscreen laptops are made to solve the purpose of both a laptop and a tablet. Usually, there are two different type of touchscreen laptop. One with a detachable screen (also known as a 2-in-1 laptop) and the other with a fixed screen. Artists buy a touchscreen laptop with a stylus in order to make their work easier and faster. Now the question comes, should you buy a touchscreen laptop if you are not an artist? Well, I would personally recommend you not to buy one because everything comes with pros and cons and as you’ll keep reading you’ll get the complete idea of whether a touchscreen laptop suits you or not?
Let’s first start about the pros of touchscreen laptops:
- Talking about the ease of work. Touch screen laptops definitely make the tasks easier for an artist because they don’t need to buy a separate drawing tablet for the work. Before buying the best laptop for artists it is advised to check whether the screen is detachable or not. If the screen is detachable then only it will be handy for artists otherwise they need to buy a separate drawing tablet for their work.
- The 2-in-1 touchscreen laptops with detachable displays are highly portable as you can separate one part and can carry only the display part in a small pouch to your workplace.
Note: Everytime you think of buying a touchscreen laptop, just ask this question to yourself. Why do I need a touchscreen laptop or what work I need to accomplish using the touchscreen of the laptop?
Now let’s talk about why should not buy a touchscreen laptop:
At this time, I am pretty sure that you have asked yourself and cleared your reasons. So here are some reasons why you should not buy a touchscreen laptop:
- More Expensive: Touchscreen laptops are more expensive than the usual laptops and I personally feel that if you don’t have work with the touchscreen you should not waste your hard earned money. Also, there are some cheap touchscreen laptops available on the market, but the display quality that you get with them is extremely poor.
- Poor Viewing Angles: Most of the touchscreen laptops are made with glossy materials which decrease the viewing angles and shows reflection to the user. This not only decreases the user experience but also reduces the productivity of the user. Having poor viewing angles also give strain to the eyes and create possibilities for eye-related problems.
- Poor battery life: Since the touch digitizer of the laptop is working all the time, it sucks a lot of battery power from the laptop, resulting in the poor battery life and a bad user experience. So what’s the use of buying a laptop at an expensive price which sucks battery power like hell.
- More Weight: Most of the 2-in-1 laptops are heavier than the usual laptops as they have a separate battery in the screen. So with a lesser battery power and more weight, the laptops are definitely not ideal for the purpose of portability.
Now since you have read all the pros and cons of the buying a touchscreen laptop, we hope that all your doubts are cleared now. Also, in case you are planning to buy a new laptop, you can definitely check out the list of our top laptops under $500. What you think about the touchscreen laptops, do let us know in the comment section below. Also if you want us to write on the topic of your choice just head over to our contact page and we’ll be happy to listen to you.